Advanced Sourcing Engineer
Tritium is leading the way in the design, manufacture and distribution of fast charging infrastructure for electric vehicles. Tritium serves customers worldwide with offices in California and Amsterdam. While Tritium plays in global markets, its global head office is based in Brisbane, which includes the majority of its research and development, engineering, manufacturing, marketing and supply chain teams. Success to date has laid the foundation for the future, and the business is now hiring an Advanced Sourcing Engineer.
You will be responsible for working with the Tritiumʼs New product engineering (NPE) teams to establish integration of key suppliers into the NPE and Existing Product Engineering (EPE) activities. This position will be the point of contact for new products and some selective existing products under going design changes or for support in technical issues. Actively engaging with the NPE and other Engineering Teams to facilitate early supplier involvement during new product introduction. Identify supplier innovation procurement direction to the engineering teams to support opportunities for lower total cost. You will proactively seek new technologies and offer these technologies as solutions where appropriate, and participate to qualify and develop suppliers in accordance with the global sourcing strategy.
The role is based in Murarrie, Brisbane and reports to the VP of Global Supply Chain, but is an embedded member of the New Product Engineering team, working with the product development teams on advanced sourcing. Therefore the role has a dotted line to the Chief Growth Officer.
Key responsibilities :
- The individual in this role will act as the technical interface between suppliers and engineers to determine new and alternate sources for technology, components and services.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of supplier technology and product pipeline, drawing engineers’ attention to these opportunities as soon as possible and facilitating the direct communication between subject matter experts in Tritium and our suppliers or potential suppliers.
- Act as a technical liaison between suppliers, sourcing managers NPE and Quality teams.
- Manage sourcing activity coordination and processes for sourcing duties relating to new product development including leading or participating in supplier selection, capability assessment, quality improvement, and supplier readiness, working with Tritium quality and supply chain teams to ensure a seamless introduction of this new component or service into Tritium production environment
- Lead or participate in the development and maintenance of supplier process development; supplier scorecards and supplier evaluation.
- Coordinate the appropriate stakeholder engagement in supplier negotiations. Examples of these negotiations include: joint developments, special NRE required in NPE programmes or appropriate contractual controls to manage process controls.
- Research potential sources of supply for purchased products to ensure prices are globally competitive and sufficient production capacity is available within the supply chain. Work with NPE to understand the market price or “Should Cost” price for key commodity items. This include sourcing trial components for benchmarking activity within NPE.
- Work in across NPE, quality, supply chain and legal functions to develop and implement strategies to improve supplier productivity/quality, and ensure supply chain continuity
- Assist implementation and communication of global sourcing strategies.
- Facilitate Value Analysis and Value Engineering (VA/VE) processes.
- Negotiate with suppliers on lead-time, cost and quality of new components/services for new product so as to obtain the maximum benefit for the company.
- Develop new purchasing or sourcing strategies based on portfolio analyses and supplier preferencing study.
- Define and maintain documented category and supplier strategies using market and competitive data.
- Develop, implement and drive the procurement strategies in order to meet cost savings targets.
- Review and manage the supplier base to ensure consistency with the sourcing strategy.
- Oversee regular supplier performance reviews to drive continuous improvements that are being conducted by Tritium supply chain team.
- Report on overall sourcing performance of newly introduced suppliers and transfer this reporting to commodity leads in the supply chain team as the component / service meets its initial introduction objectives.
- Ensure commercial, legal and contractual compliances in all the procurement transactions you lead
- Adopt appropriate supplier management methodologies and procurement strategies in purchasing to secure better prices.
- Share knowledge with the wider team where appropriate on effective procurement processes and strategy.
- This position requires travel to suppliers and some international travel.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of design, specification, testing, and quality control plan development in a hardware environment ()
- Understanding of the product development cycle
- Must be willing to travel overseas
- Min.8 years professional experience in procurement, engineering, supply chain and/or quality management
- Three years knowledge of and experience with 3D mechanical computer aided design tools such as Pro-E or similar SW tools
- Knowledge of and able to discuss the manufacturing processes for injection molding, sheet metal, PCBA Assembly and Electronic Assembly and Test
- Knowledge of engineering change process requirements and controls
- Experience in the Audio Industry/Marketplace is preferred
- MBA or advanced technical degree is a plus
- Knowledge and some implementing and utilizing process control techniques and process capability analysis for critical dimensions or features
- Six Sigma Training or Agile training
- Knowledge of root cause analysis, and Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Knowledge and experience with problem solving, process, and improvement tools such as Lean, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, and/or VA/VE
- Project Management certification (PMP) or project management training.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.