Customer Support Engineer
Tritium Technologies, LLC.
The role is support and services oriented focusing on providing world class support for our cutting-edge Fast DC chargers.
Key responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Familiarity with Network protocols, such as TCP & GSM. Experience with CAN, SECC, or OCPP is a plus.
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code. Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting. Reviewing and debugging code.
- Perform validation and verification testing. Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products.
- Experience using system monitoring tools and automated testing frameworks knowledge of selected programming languages e.g. Python C++ Linux, particularly Debian OS and Bash.
- Respond to customer support tickets and resolve issues remotely or at customer’s site.
- Diagnose failures all the way to component level, identify technical problems and determine procedure to repair electric vehicle charging equipment (remotely and in the field).
- Analyze systems failure data, prepare reports, metrics, and work with engineering to determine and implement solution for uptime improvement.
- Ability to be customer-focused and resolve problems by think analytically and communicate professionally in high pressure, time sensitive, customer environments.
- Update and maintain internal information systems and records in relation to products, customers, and service activities. Carry out testing and validation of equipment with test labs and automotive companies.
- Provide regular reports of all customer’s contacts, competitor information, and activity. Product or service complaints and recommendations for action are to be highlighted.
- Remote fault resolutions and /or diagnosis using software methods. Inform customers of new products and technical developments and maintain contact to ensure early knowledge of future project and plans to predict and prepare for customer needs.
- Experienced in measuring electronics such as voltage, current, frequency, insolation, capacitance, and phase rotation. Experience with power electronics such as three phase 480Vac power is a plus. Strong electrical/electronic background relevant to EV equipment is highly desired.
- Being part of a team and understanding the complex electronics/software projects being developed ranging from the design of the system, systems testing, product documentations, manufacturing documentations, design reviews and customer’s feedback.
- Experience with general electronics design and familiarity with processor-controlled devices.
- Experience working with electronics in the field.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related degree
- Two years’ experience with High Voltage Systems
- Two years’ experience with field service and support
- Two years in software (Python, C++, Debian, Bash, Linux)
- Desired certifications: OSHA10 Cert or NFPA 70E cert
- Must be a self-starter, able to travel and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking, setting priorities and scheduling work activities.
- Must be able to work as a team player and cooperate with others to achieve a unified goal.
- Willing to work flexible hours on weekdays and weekends and overtime on short notice.
- Position requires the ability to be “on call” after normal working hours.
- This position can require up to 25% travel (including international destinations) which will vary throughout the year depending on work volume.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com