Customer Support Engineer
In a global environment that is hungry for innovation in the use and storage of energy, Tritium is leading the way in the design, manufacture and distribution of fast charging infrastructure for electric vehicles.
Success to date has laid the foundation for the future and the business is now hiring a Customer Support Engineer.
This position reports directly to the Customer Delivery Manager based at Murarrie, Brisbane. The Customer Support Engineer is responsible for providing Global support to Tritium’s Service Level Agreement (SLA) Customer and product users. You will be required to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues in a timely manner, which at times may require travel for on-site support.
You will assist with on-site installations, repairs, testing and commissioning whilst building ongoing relationships with customers. It is expected that you will be a team player who can work collaboratively within a SLA team and a strong Global CX Team, or autonomously as required.
You will be required to work a pre-determined roster schedule.
Key responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Support customers globally through phone and online systems in a timely manner
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance
- Identify product improvements and process improvements
- Perform in-house or on-site repairs onto the products
- Manage customer issues in a timely manner
- Help drive quick response times globally
- Reporting and assisting in creating technical documents
- Continuous monitoring of Tritium charger network using web portal
Qualifications and Competencies
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field experience
- Understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Experience with general electronics design and familiarity with processor-controlled devices.
- Ability to read and understand electrical / electronic schematics
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Flexibility for travel as required to provide on-site installation coordination, test & commissioning’s and technical support, with short reaction time
- Surface Mount Technology experience in manufacturing. Understanding of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis and electromagnetic compatibility issues.
- Experience with Linux environments
- Understanding of OCPP protocol, programming, integration and debugging as value added.
- Experience working with LV mains to 480VAC and DC systems up to 1000V
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org