In a global environment that is hungry for innovation in the use and storage of energy, Tritium is leading the way in the design, manufacture and distribution of fast charging infrastructure for electric vehicles.
Tritium serves customers worldwide with offices in California and Amsterdam. While Tritium plays in global markets, its global head office is based in Brisbane, which includes the majority of its research and development, engineering, manufacturing, marketing and supply chain teams. Success to date has laid the foundation for the future, and the business is now hiring a Firmware Engineer.
In this role you will become a member of a small, high-performing team of firmware engineers that have full ownership of the embedded C code that controls Tritium’s next generation DC fast chargers. The contributions you make will have a direct impact on the product we deliver to our customers and our reputation as a technology leader.
To be successful in this role you must be capable of developing, enhancing and debugging new and existing firmware that runs on microcontrollers with simple bare-metal architectures as well as more complex embedded Linux architectures. You must be comfortable performing hands-on verification and validation of your code both on the bench and in our high-powered R&D test lab.
- Write high-quality C code for bare metal and embedded Linux systems.
- Write test plans, unit test cases and simulations to verify code functionality.
- Drive firmware development for performance, scalability and modularity.
- Perform hands-on bring-up of hardware circuits and peripherals.
- Produce clear and concise documentation.
- Actively participate in code reviews.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, such as Customer Support and Production to identify opportunities for product and system level enhancements.
- 3+ years’ experience developing embedded firmware that has shipped to customers.
- Understanding of electronic circuits and the ability to read schematics.
- Excellent software fundamentals in architectural design, data structures, memory management, code modularity and maintainability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong attention to detail and an analytical problem-solving approach.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, or proof of exceptional skills in related fields, with practical engineering experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org