Lead Manufacturing Engineer
Tritium is a Brisbane-based technology company with divisions in Los Angeles and Amsterdam. We are a world-leading Global developer of electric vehicle charging infrastructure that enables the acceptance and growth of e-mobility.
In a global environment that is hungry for innovation in the use and storage of energy, Tritium is leading the way in the design, manufacture and distribution of fast charging infrastructure for electric vehicles. Come and join us and be part of the solution.
Tritium is searching for a Lead Manufacturing Engineer. This position reports directly to the Operations Director and is based at Murarrie, Brisbane.
The Lead Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for leading a team of manufacturing engineers to ensure an effective and efficient production process. You will provide engineering support and continuous improvement to the production assembly environment for products and processes in order to maximize production efficiency. This includes maintaining and enforcing the high quality standards of components and products produced through understanding the needs of the customer.
You will focus on the post launch aspects of product life cycle management and will be responsible for manufacturing sustaining activities to drive continuous improvement, cost reduction, and on-time delivery.
The role also includes the optimisation of the commodities holistically in terms of interfacing with e.g. system integrators, suppliers, manufacturing, Quality, ETS, Supply Chain, Validation and contributing to making sure that the same commodities can be used in a wide range of different products.
The role requires a candidate who has a deep and broad experience of working in complex Engineering Programmes across the functional boundaries of technical disciplines / commodity groups, in an environment with often competing deliverables / priorities / levels of ambiguity.
The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Process instructions (SOP) & Admin
- Create and modify work instructions and test instructions
- Structure and maintain bill of materials (MBOM), create routings and workflow
- Maintain all process documentation
- Process improvements (CI) & implementation
- Assist R&D in designing new test equipment, tools & methods.
- Develop & implement new manufacturing processes using Lean Principles on all production lines
- Problem solving, failure analysis / RCA as well continuous improvement using various methodologies such as Six Sigma, 8D
- Identification, Verification & Validation protocols to qualify new or improved materials, adhesives, parts, fixtures / Jigs or products
- Act as technical leader while interfacing between Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality, Production and Testing to provide constructive feedback and assist in verifying designs to meet internal and customer requirements.
- New product implementation lead when projects are implemented in production
- Cross functional support as required for new and current product investigations, introductions or improvements including using tools such as (PPAP, FMEA, SPC, Kaizen, Pareto analysis, 5s etc.)
- Train production personnel in line with product & process changes to meet production volume and quality targets
- Reports potential on time delivery (OTD) risks to management, proposes appropriate actions to mitigate delivery risk.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies
Industrial Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer (Mechanical Engineer)
- 5+ Years of related experience in a production/manufacturing environment
- Experience in Lean Manufacture & 5S, Kaizen & Six sigma, Problem solving (8D, 5 Why)
- Experienced with quality improvement tools and techniques (Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, and FMEA)
- Understanding of blueprint interpretation, geometric tolerancing, classification of fit.
- Proficient in ERP software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Ability to work with others in complex management matrix structure
- Must possess the following “soft skills”: attention to detail, clear communicator, customer focus, negotiation, prioritization/multitasking, problem-solver/decision-maker, team player
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively across disciplines required
- Australian citizenship or right to work.
No unsolicited CV’s from recruiters will be accepted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com