Tritium is searching for Manufacturing Engineers. There are several roles available, in our Sustaining Engineering and Technical Programmes and and is based at Murarrie, Brisbane.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for providing engineering support and continuous improvement to the production assembly environment for products and processes in order to maximize production efficiency. This includes maintaining and enforcing the high quality standards of components and products produced through understanding the needs of the customer.
The position will focus on the post launch aspects of product life cycle management and will be responsible for manufacturing sustaining activities to drive continuous improvement, cost reduction, and on-time delivery,
The role requires a candidate to have experience of working in complex Engineering Programmes across the functional boundaries of technical disciplines / commodity groups, in an environment with often competing deliverables / priorities / levels of ambiguity.
The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Process instructions (SOP) & Admin
- Create and modify work instructions and test instructions
- Structure and maintain bill of materials (MBOM), create routings and workflow
- Maintain all process documentation
- Process improvements (CI) & implementation
- Assist R&D in designing new test equipment, tools & methods.
- Develop & implement new manufacturing processes using Lean Principles on all production lines
- Problem solving, failure analysis / RCA as well continuous improvement using various methodologies such as Six Sigma, 8D
- Identification, Verification & Validation protocols to qualify new or improved materials, adhesives, parts, fixtures / Jigs or products
- Act as technical leader while interfacing between Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality, Production and Testing to provide constructive feedback and assist in verifying designs to meet internal and customer requirements.
- New product implementation lead when projects are implemented in production
- Cross functional support as required for new and current product investigations, introductions or improvements including using tools such as (PPAP, FMEA, SPC, Kaizen, Pareto analysis, 5s etc.)
- Train production personnel in line with product & process changes to meet production volume and quality targets
- Reports potential on time delivery (OTD) risks to management, proposes appropriate actions to mitigate delivery risk.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies
Industrial Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer (Mechanical Engineer)
- 3+ Years of related experience in a production/manufacturing environment
- Experience in Lean Manufacture & 5S, Kaizen & Six sigma, Problem solving (8D, 5 Why)
- Experienced with quality improvement tools and techniques (Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, and FMEA)
- Understanding of blueprint interpretation, geometric tolerancing, classification of fit.
- Proficient in ERP software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Ability to work with others in complex management matrix structure
- Must possess the following “soft skills”: attention to detail, clear communicator, customer focus, negotiation, prioritization/multitasking, problem-solver/decision-maker, team player
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively across disciplines required
- Australian citizenship or right to work.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org