In a global environment that is hungry for innovation in the use and storage of energy, Tritium is leading the way in the design, manufacture and distribution of fast charging infrastructure for electric vehicles.
Tritium serves customers worldwide with offices in California and Amsterdam. While Tritium plays in global markets, its global head office is based in Brisbane, which includes the majority of its research and development, engineering, manufacturing, marketing and supply chain teams. Success to date has laid the foundation for the future, and the business is now hiring a Reliability Engineer.
As part of the Product Reliability Engineering team within Engineering Technical Services, you will work collaboratively across interdisciplinary and multinational teams ensuring product reliability achieves the benchmark performance level across the industry. Working closely with customer teams and Quality across the business to ensure swift resolution of complex in service and production reliability/performance issues to complete resolution.
The role will also provide input into the reliability requirements for new product development ensuring field lessons learned are applied to new products. You will also track and analyse reliability, maintainability and system health trends to ensure contractual compliance and inform business risks regarding product performance, warranties, guarantees and incentives throughout the product lifecycle.
This role reports to the Head of Reliability Engineering and is based in Murarrie, Brisbane.
Key responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the investigate product complaints at customer sites/installation and propose remediation/containment in a timely fashion through the NCR process
- Close collaboration with customer support and quality teams for timely resolution of issues
- Ensure 8D/FMECA/RCA (Root Cause Analysis) are conducted for failures, provide improvement actions and monitor implementation of actions through solid reliability processes
- Contribute to risk management content such as FMEA, PFMEA and hazard analysis
- Analyse Complaint data and generate prioritised actions to address shortcomings associated with the Company’s products
- Review existing product design, identify weaknesses, propose, and monitor effectiveness of improvements to address reliability issues
- Support installation and commissioning teams when troubleshooting technical field NCRs
- Establish and sustain key engineering and reliability systems and processes to support continuous improvement with safe and cost-effective product reliability
- Ensure recommended maintenance procedures support reduced cost of warranty offerings and profitable service level agreements
- Ensure data and reporting systems are established, maintained, value adding and suitable for tracking product performance and identification of issues and trends – in particular, the ability to prioritise issues based on criteria such as safety, overall cost to the business, proportion of impact to customer fleets and customer impact.
- Attend and actively participate in meetings as required. You will need to be able to provide relevant technical information, including relevant standards, identified issues, design constraints and design opportunities. Keep accurate notes to enable action of assigned tasks
Accountability & Qualifications
- Extensive maintenance and reliability experience in electrical or automotive industries
- Change management experience
- Demonstrated troubleshooting, root cause analysis and corrective action skills.
- Ability to make quick informed judgements and recommendations to resolve technical issues
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Ability to quickly, clearly, and concisely communicate. Planning and stakeholder management skills
- JIRA and Microsoft Office skills
- Tenacious problem solver, organized, detail oriented.
- Advanced Knowledge of Failure Modes, Effects, and Criticality Analysis, including system, sub-system, functional (electrical), component and device level.
- Experience applying analysis results to make recommendations to product teams, system safety, human factors and system support/supportability specialists in order to influence design and comply with requirements.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or related technical discipline
- Post-graduate qualification in Reliability or Project Management (preferred)
- Experience in the use of Model Based Systems Engineering tools would be highly regarded.
- System level down to board level general knowledge of key topics including high power gird applications, power electronics, control systems, schematic & PCB (Altium), firmware and software (Linux). (preferred)
- Internal Stakeholders: Engineering Teams, Production Teams, Customer Support team, Sales team
- External Stakeholders: Customers, Suppliers, Auditors
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org