CAN Ethernet Bridge
- Ethernet communication: 10/100 Mbit, RJ45 connector
- CAN communications: standard industrial DB9 pinout
- Power supply: 9-30V DC from CAN connector
- Dimensions: 80 x 42 x 23mm
- Mass: 30g
- Environmental rating: IP4X
In 1999, team SunShark took third place at the World Solar Challenge and was awarded the GM Sunraycer Award for Technical Achievement. For the team, this award symbolized technical innovation that could be translated to commercial, real-world applications. The award also raised the team’s profile and sparked demand from other solar car racers for team SunShark’s products.
It was being part of this experience that made Tritium’s founders—Dr David Finn, Dr Paul Sernia, and James Kennedy—passionate about e-mobility. As a result, David, Paul, and James founded Tritium in 2001. The company first operated as a micro-business, selling the Gold Controller, a product which was first used in the SunShark and is still manufactured and sold today.